Grade school is an exciting time, and COA is committed to an integrated learning experience that creatively enriches the minds of our students in grades 1-5. Grade-level learning allows each student to cognitively engage throughout every school day. Our programs offer a natural blend of discovery and student-centered education focused around a central idea. Literature, science, math and social studies are interwoven to augment the active imagination of every student.
- 1. Students are able to use basic communication and mathematics skills for purposes and situations they encounter throughout their lives.
- 2. Students shall develop their abilities to apply core concepts and principles from mathematics, the sciences, arts and humanities, social studies, practical living studies, and vocational studies to what they encounter throughout their lives.
- 3. Students shall develop their abilities to become self-sufficient individuals of
good character exhibiting the qualities of altruism, citizenship, courtesy, hard
work, honesty, human worth, justice, knowledge, patriotism, respect, responsibility and self-discipline.
- 4. Students shall develop their abilities to become responsible members of a
family, work group, or community, including demonstrating effectiveness in community service.
- 5. Students shall develop their abilities to think and solve problems in school situations and in a variety of life situations.
- 6. Students shall develop their abilities to connect and integrate experiences
and new knowledge from all subject matter fields with what they have previously learned and build on past learning experiences to acquire new information through various media.
- 7. Students shall express their creative talents and interests in visual arts, music, dance and dramatic arts.
Hide this content.